Monday, February 12, 2007

Harry Potter = Star Wars

One of my professors is publishing a book about teaching psychological theory through the use of film. Because I wrote an analysis of "Harold and Maude" (a great movie!) for one of her classes, my prof asked if she could include my paper in her book and, of course, I agreed.

I've spent the past couple of days preparing the paper for publication. A lot of it revolves around a book called "The Hero With a Thousand Faces", which is about common themes in heroic myths that people express repeatedly across time and cultures. Harry Potter and Star Wars are great examples of this type of hero mythology. And the formula = Box Office Magic! Check it out...




5 comments:

arbyn said...

did John Williams really compose the scores for both movies?

uncanny.

Jamie said...

I looked it up on IMDB and apparently, he did. Weird. However, he seems to have composed the scores for every blockbuster movie I've ever seen, so i guess it's not that strange...

Avey said...

Weird.

Also, you guys are still on for a late lunch on sunday?

Jamie said...

Avey, we'll be at your parents' house at 1:30 on Sunday. Should we bring anything?
Also, what are you doing on Tuesday? Amisha's coming down and she wanted me to ask if you want to tour the Bernard Callebaut faoctory with us on Tuesday morning.

kinneyland said...

Whoa, you're an author now?
Good one

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream