Saturday, March 3, 2007

An Equal and Opposite Reaction

Last week, I had a nightmare in which my sister Heather (the vet) brought us an evil cat to be our pet. In my dream, I had some weird psychic connection with the cat that allowed me to understand its thoughts. I knew exactly what was going to happen a split second before it laid its ears back, hissed, and launched itself off Heather's shoulder onto my face.

I woke up gasping, shook Kyle awake, and told him about my dream. He just put his arm over me and said, "That sounds pretty scary", and went back to sleep. I almost laughed out loud because Kyle is so much more sympathetic when he's half asleep. Now I'm not saying that Kyle is mean when he's fully conscious. He just loves to tease. Had Kyle been awake, he definitely would have used this dream to support his side in our never-ending debate about whether cats should ever be allowed to cross the threshold of our home.

Often when Kyle wakes up in the morning, he is particularly feisty. For example, last Friday I didn't have anywhere to go and intended to sleep in. Kyle, however, had different plans for me. As Kyle got dressed for work he decided to wake me up by whipping me in the face with his socks. I think that on mornings like those, there's something deep in Kyle's subconscious that seeks balance in the universe and has to make up for any excess sweetness that slipped out in the night.

8 comments:

DaveJenn said...

Kyle is trully a romantic at heart!

Marina Aicken said...

it was soooo nice to see you. i made a blog...read me!! :)

Karen said...

I bet Kyle really enjoys your blogging! I know I certainly do.

jamie said...

I love that dream! Way to go Kyle, what a lovely husband you are!

Avey said...

That picture is so incredibly creepy. I can't even look at it. Kyle, I am very impressed at how nice and understanding you were being! Yay for sweet husbands!

Avey said...

Jamie, tell kyle he should start a blog too. I bet it woule be pretty funny.

Jamie said...

I tell Kyle to start a blog all of the time but he's resistant. He won't come right out and say it, but I think he thinks blogs are a bit lame. Or that people (namely me) get a bit too involved with their blogs. But I'll tell him you said that. Maybe he'll go for it!

Heather M. said...

ROTFLOL!!!!!!

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream