Friday, January 25, 2008

Time's up!

Things have been a quiet on the blogging front this week because today was my deadline to hand in my completed master's thesis to my supervisor. I just emailed it to her and am sitting here at my computer feeling a bit sick to my stomach. After having spent so much time writing, reading, and editing the same paper, I feel as though I have no idea if my thesis is what it should be. We'll see.

I've really enjoyed the process of writing my thesis and I'm trying to savour the last weeks before I defend and then move onto the next phase of life. Full-time work will definitely be a shock to my system!

Even though there is quite a bit more work to do before I'm entirely finished, I've resolved to celebrate steps along the way. So today, I'm posting a commemorative photo of the local where the magic has been happening for the past eight months.

This corner of our dining room is where I spend my days - staring out the window, drinking coffee, and listening to CBC Radio 3. And with the constant help of www.thesaurus.com, I also do some writing.

5 comments:

Karen Henry said...

Congrats, that's sweet

Aimee said...

Congratulations Jamie. I like the commemorative photo.

aimee

ps. Lance said the henna and placenta post was actually making him sick so we had to get away from it asap.

Avey said...

Awww! The picture makes me a little sad. However, I always find it a little hard to end chapters of my life no matter how great or terrible they were.
I love that the computer screen is open to your thesis and that your red mug is on the table. I can totally picture you sitting there.
And at least you know what your thesis is about. It really sucks when you get to the end of a paper and don't feel sure what you wrote about...

Paige said...

Congratulations! I know how hard you have worked on that beast. Don't ever doubt yourself, you know you rocked that thing!

Geegee said...

Congratulations!!! This is worth celebrating!!

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream