Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Whoever Said They Were Gentle Giants?

I was browsing through files on my computer today when I spotted this fantastic image. For a while, Kyle and I made a game of changing each other's backgrounds on the computer (on our PC, as with the bank, Kyle and I have separate accounts). This image of the manatee/Hindenburg disaster is one that I set as Kyle's background, using it to creatively remind him of my love for the sea cow.
..........

One evening after Kyle had sneakily changed my background, I logged onto the computer and let out a huge scream when this guy popped up unexpectedly, filling the whole screen.
He is Li'l Sam, three-time winner of the World's Ugliest Dog competition. No, that isn't a chicken bone he's gnawing on. It is his own foot. Sadly, Li'l Sam died last year but he sure did deserve his title. I can't be certain but I think this picture was taken before he died.

13 comments:

Paige said...

Bah! That is one ugly dog. Oh the huge manatee indeed! Huge manatee of ugliness.

Jamie said...

Paige! How dare you speak ill of my beloved manatee? That's it. No more surprise visits for you.

Scott and Alanna said...

Jamie, I'm so sad you didn't include the Face/Arse photo! That one is so special to us.

Jamie said...

You're right! I forgot about face/arse. That one was great and we wouldn't be known as the face/arses without it. How could I forget?

kinneyland said...

We're only in Calgary one night, so we can 'easily' stay with Popsi. However if you want to arrange a one sided non-move house swap give me a shout via email (celiakinney@gmail.com) Adam mocks me for communicating only through blog comments.
PS. That dog is very scary. Thanks for making the picture not too big. Ish

Karen said...

I guess our conversation today, comfirmed that I haven't read your blog in a while. What was I missing??

Heather M. said...

Gee, thanks for sharing! now I get to have that disgusting image stuck in my head all day! ;)

DaveJenn said...

hmmm face/arse sounds intriguing ....

Paige said...

Oh Jamie, I would never insult your manatees! I was speaking of the ugly little dog you silly girl!

Paige said...

And I love the surprise visits, by the way :)

Scott and Alanna said...

MORE BLOGGING! I demand action, you are getting as lazy as me!

Jamie said...

I am getting lazy. So lazy! I also have nothing to say. Maybe soon...

Scott and Alanna said...

PS you are not the face/arses you are the arse/faces...how quickly you forget.

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream