Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Trouble from above

Monday night I was sitting at my desk writing a court report when I heard a strange tapping noise above my head. I looked up, praying there weren't mice in the ceiling. In an instant, water was dripping like crazy onto my desk.

I ran up to the staff suite and found a spare garbage can to catch the water. While I waited for the on-call maintenance guy, I climbed atop my desk with the intent of removing the already water-stained ceiling tile before it was completely soaked. As I was pushing the tile, an object started slipping toward me from inside the ceiling. I scrambled to get out of the way as a giant blue mop bucket plummeted toward my head. Hm...I'm guessing that the ceiling leak might be an on-going problem.

Nun Watch Update: After a very long dry spell, I saw three nuns this evening while walking to the University with Kyle. They were all wearing white winter jackets to match their habits.

5 comments:

arbyn said...

Wait. Were the nuns walking with Kyle or did you and Kyle see the nuns? That's an important difference.

arbyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Avey said...

What? I'm so confused. There was a mop bucket in your ceiling?

Amisha said...

Was the ceiling bucket to code?

Jamie said...

There was a mop bucket in the ceiling to catch rainwater from last time. Also, Kyle was walking with me...not with nuns. However, it would be awesome if he made some nun friends...

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream