Saturday, June 28, 2008

Because the Highland Fling doesn't count

A while ago, Kyle's mom asked me which sport I would most like to be good at. Honestly, if I could choose another talent to have in this life, it would have nothing to do with conventional sports. I would choose to dance.

Each summer, I watch "So You Think You Can Dance." In past years, I have taken great joy in the amazing talent on this show. When I watch, I sit on the couch smiling, twitching, and wishing I could express myself and create something meaningful with the movement of my body. Unfortunately, I cannot. Once, while dancing at a wedding, Kyle informed me that partnering with me was like pushing a side of beef around on the dance floor.

Oh yeah? Is that so? Would a side of beef keep trying to take the lead? No, I didn't think so!

Below is a clip of a contestant who can do a fantastic robot.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ok well the fling may not be a skill however...

hop brush beat beat, hop brush beat beat, behind front out, behind front out, turn behind hop brush......

Oh the joy of plaid!

Heather M. said...

I can't believe Kyle said that! What a punk!

Paige said...

Not a good thing to say to your wife, but the side of beef line made me laugh.

DaveJenn said...

Kyle is the last true romantic!

I also like So You Think You Can Dance! Jenn always makes fun of me! But its no worse than Idol or ANTM!

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream